Christopher Sonntag // Vice President, Client Development
In March 2018, Chris joined the rEvolution team to head our global sports consulting group. Boasting thirteen years of experience in international sports marketing, including leadership positions with WME IMG and FIFA, Chris brings with him a deep knowledge of the industry through the lens of rights holders, brands, agencies and talent. His sizable global network and strategic, big picture thinking make Chris ideally suited to further establish rEvolution as a premier sports consulting agency on the world stage. A true global citizen himself, Chris has already called five different countries home, including Germany, Switzerland, South Africa, Mexico and the United States. When asked, Chris will tell you he is happiest travelling, in the dojo practicing Hapkido (a Korean mixed martial art) or camped out on the couch watching soccer – despite the fact his favorite team, SG Wattenscheid 09, has sunk as low as the fourth German Division (it’s a long story).
Chris’s Top Five Favorite Places on Earth
- Lion’s Head (Cape Town, South Africa): 360 view of Cape Town, Table Mountain and Robben Island
- Whitehaven Beach (Whitsunday Islands, Australia): White powder sand beach and azure blue waters
- Land’s End (San Francisco, Calif.): Rugged Pacific shoreline and Golden Gate Bridge panorama
- Tulum (Quintana Roo, Mexico): Maya ruins on 40 ft. tall cliffs
- Living Room Couch (Chicago, Ill.): The only non-water front spot to make the cut