Merrick Haydon // Managing Director
rEvolution’s lead in the London office, Merrick has more than 20 years’ experience within sports marketing, sponsorship, PR and event management working with clients such as BMW, Jumeriah, Land Rover USA, MasterCard, Mizuno, Rolex, UBS and Volkswagen. Merrick has worked with major international sponsors, athletes, federations, and rights holders to maximize activation of sponsorship programmes as well as devising and implementing international sponsorship and PR strategies.
MERRICK’S TOP FIVE FAVOURITE RUGBY SPORTING MOMENTS
- New Zealand winning the 2015 Rugby World Cup at Twickenham (I was there!)
- England winning the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Australia
- The 1997 British and Irish Lions tour to South Africa, where Jeremy Guscott scored the winning drop goal during the decisive second test
- ‘That try’ on 27 January 1973 when Gareth Edwards finished off an incredible move to score a try for the Barbarians against New Zealand
- Ryan Crotty’s late converted try that ended Ireland’s hope of a first ever victory over New Zealand in Ireland on 24 November 2013