FORT MILL, S.C. (June 5, 2019) – With the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team heading to France this summer, Continental Tire has positioned itself as one of sport’s biggest fans, proving unwavering support for these incredible athletes and the growth of women’s soccer in the U.S. Continental has forged strategic partnerships within the soccer community, including high-profile MLS and U.S. Soccer sponsorships, partnerships with big-name players and supporters such as Alex Morgan, Tobin Heath and the American Outlaws as well as a jersey sponsorship with the NWSL team the North Carolina Courage.
“Our established presence in U.S. women’s soccer is one of which we are especially proud,” said Travis Roffler, Director of Marketing, Continental Tire the Americas. “Fans ourselves, it is a privilege to partner with and support the many amazing players, teams and fans that make this community what it is.”
A long-standing American soccer partner, Continental has worked with integrated sports marketing agency rEvolution to build a comprehensive soccer campaign that celebrates American soccer from every perspective. As the USWNT gears up for France, Continental shows its soccer fandom through a number of initiatives, including:
- Looking to further its commitment to the soccer community in 2018, Continental Tire kicked off a new creative content campaign that took a deep dive into the great stories of the incredible people who make American soccer so special. In the past two seasons, USWNT greats Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath have shared their inspirational stories to achieve their dreams and commitments to the next generation of soccer stars. These commercial spots will broadcast throughout the summer, directing viewers to watch the long-form digital content here. The content series also spotlights MLS players such as Sean Johnson and Russell Canouse as well as super fans Nicole Hack and “Tifo Queen” Vera Zeigler.
- With access to a number of USWNT personalities, Continental Tire captured 10 fast-response Q&A videos that tackled the tough questions, like who eats the weirdest foods, who over-packs and who makes the best Bond villain, among others. All of the videos can be found here, and will be promoted across Continental Tire and partner channels throughout the summer.
- In addition to a commercial spot that will be broadcast throughout the tournament, Continental Tire is supporting national supporter club American Outlaws’ summer trip to France, including custom premiums to enhance their experience. While there, the American Outlaws will be documenting their journey on the ground cheering on the USWNT for a mini-series that will be shared on Continental’s social channels.
- As the Official Tire of U.S. Soccer, and an official MLS partner, Continental Tire has a presence at a number of MLS, USWNT and USMNT games, including standout game day activations, in-game signage and broadcast media buys, first-class VIP hospitality packages and coveted soccer premiums.
- Continental Tire signed on as the official jersey sponsor for NWSL powerhouse North Carolina Courage. With five NC Courage teammates packing for a summer in France, including Crystal Dunn, Sam Mewis, Jessica McDonald and Abby Dahlkemper, Continental Tire will be sharing the inspirational stories of these all-star soccer players on its social channels.
For more on Continental Tire’s presence in American soccer, visit CelebratingSoccer.com and be sure to follow Continental Tire on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook throughout the tournament for USWNT content this summer.
About Continental Tire
Based in Fort Mill, S.C., Continental Tire the Americas, LLC manufactures and distributes a complete premium line of passenger, light truck and commercial tires for original equipment and replacement markets. Our ultra-high, performance tires include award-winning technologies that focus on safety, help save money, and are #ForWhatYouDo. Continental’s premium products are available at leading independent tire dealers, car dealers, and mass retail companies across North America. Continental Tire is a proud supporter of Major League Soccer (MLS), College Basketball, West Coast Customs, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Petty’s Garage, and Roush Performance.