Supervisor, Event Production
The Supervisor, Event Production will be part of the agency’s senior production team, managing and overseeing production elements and resources within the agency’s client accounts. This leader will partner with the client services Account Director(s) to steer strategic direction of the account through best-in-class production services, and will propel client growth by identifying profitability opportunities. S/he will also manage, mentor, coach, and advise other full-time employees within the group, guiding their professional development and always leading by example.
- Manage all production-related elements within a client account;
- Serve as expert in all-things production-related for the client, always available for internal team meetings, client calls, client meetings and pitches, and on-site execution
- Assure seamless collaboration between production team members and other departments to deliver the agency’s best-in-class services and exceed client expectations
- Keep fingers squarely on the pulse of all projects and immediately address vendor, internal or other challenges that could hinder project success
- Work with producers within assigned projects to assess the short-term and full-time resources required
- Serve as a trusted resource for the business development and Account Management teams, reviewing and recommending budgetary elements during the RFP/pitch stage
- Coordinate production assistance (sourcing, brainstorming, etc.) with the business development/Account Management teams for RFP/pitch work
- Work closely with the client services Account Director(s) to identify opportunities for growth within the assigned client portfolio
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, mutual respect, communication and a positive, productive work environment within her/his team of production professionals; allocate time for formally assessing and evaluating performance of team members against annual, department and agency goals
- Manage production team members to maximize efficiencies; maintain a smooth workflow by monitoring project timelines, deliverables, challenges and achievements
- Set (team and individual) expectations and standards that drive exceptional results
- Maintain open communication with the Managing Director of Production regarding opportunities and challenges facing the department
- Bachelor’s degree and five-plus years of event production management experience, preferably within a full-service experiential marketing agency
- Extensive on-site production experience (and knowledge) with such production line elements as digital registration, digital photo/video technology, signage/branding, mobile/trade show/other fabrication, union labor, transportation, talent management, trade show management, A/V, activations, staffing, etc.
- Strong existing vendor relationships with fabrication, technology, venues, vehicle lease, premium, staffing and tour/event management contractors, etc.
- Critical understanding of budgeting, budget tracking, P&L, agency processes, general creative guidelines, vendor negotiation, production/vendor timelines, build details/ materials, contractor agreements, labor/DOT laws, client KPIs, ROI and ROX, etc.
- Experience leading teams and especially the management of multiple, various personality types and career levels
- Strong experience developing growth plans, annual reviews, goal-setting, etc.
- Confident, professional presence; strong, innate leadership/team-building skills; natural facility for fostering a nurturing work culture rooted in open communication, inclusiveness and transparency
- Ability to travel frequently to support projects on-site
Interested candidates may apply here.