Business Director, London Office
Reporting to: Managing Director, rEvolution London
Division: rEvolution London, International Sports Marketing and Media Services
In 2018, US based rEvolution announced its acquisition of London‐based Revolution Sports Marketing Group. Together it has now achieved a globally focused, full‐service sports marketing agency covering consulting, marketing communications, PR, media, events and research.
rEvolution London now has the increased scale to continue to compete globally and to provide enhanced full-service capabilities to respond to existing and new clients’ future needs in global sports marketing. rEvolution London remains as part of an independent global agency, that now seeks to drive continued growth into new sports, with new clients.
- rEvolution has expanded its international offering with a full‐service office in UK and we need an experienced person to help us to continue to build and grow the business
- The primary role is business development, to help mine new opportunities, with the secondary role of supporting the existing and growing account teams when needed
- This is a superb opportunity to be part of the growth of our business. The role is likely to involve international travel and a need to work closely with the rEvolution US headquarters in Chicago.
- Identification and development of the ongoing business plan, with a sole focus on business development
- Generating new commercial leads, putting together marketing assets, assist in drafting contracts as well as supporting the accounts team with pitches and proposals
- Networking and profile‐raising of rEvolution’s international and regional service offerings for brands and rights holders
- Regular reporting into rEvolution London and rEvolution US.
General skills required:
- This candidate needs to be entrepreneurial, flexible and prepared to take on a challenging and exciting business development role that will require 100% commitment. This person will need to work outside their job description, both above and below their remit
- The role requires someone who understands the sports consulting, sponsorship activation, marketing communications, PR, media, events and research industry
- Excellent communication, decision making and negotiation skills.
- 10 years’ experience in the sports marketing industry with proven knowledge of major sports brands, events and sponsors
- A track record of contracting business with brands and rights holders for rEvolution‐type services
- Have a keen interest in keeping abreast of market trends and future opportunities
- Strategic thinker with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent industry experience.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of generating new opportunities through:
- Cultivating a broad new business network in order to become aware of any potential new business briefs, ensuring that rEvolution is considered for any relevant opportunities
- Organic growth – actively volunteering ideas/solutions as add‐on services to help increase current fee income where possible
- Creating best‐in‐class business RFP and pitch proposal responses, including strategic and creative development.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary, benefits, and incentive package.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.